JOINING THE SBRGA:
Thank you for your interest in South Berwick Rod & Gun Association (SBRGA).
SBRGA is a private, non-profit organization supported by membership dues and various club fund raisers. All maintenance of the club is by club member volunteers. As a member we expect you to participate and do your fair share to help keep the club in top shape.Annual dues
- $64 per year per person "regular" membership
- $96 per year "family" membership (includes 2 parents and their children under 18 years old. All persons under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian member of the club.)
- Junior members... Regular members may pay $1 per year as an add-on for each child or grand-child under 18 that they would like to bring to the club. As with family memberships, all persons under 18 must be accompanied by the adult club member.
The SBRGA offers a membership discount of $30 off the annual fee (either regular or family) to active military and police personnel. We also offer senior rates for those that have been regular members for the previous 5 years and are older than 65. While we get many emails from others who believe they are also deserving of a special discount, these are the ones we offer. Our fees are extremely reasonable - Please do not ask about any other discounts.
Reducing the annual dues
- Once you are a member, you may volunteer your time to the club which will reduce next year's membership fee. Hours worked up to 15 hours are eligible for a $2 per hour credit. If you put in over 100 hours in a calendar year, you will be offered a free membership renewal for the following year. Volunteering can be at our monthly maintenance work sessions, assisting with one of our fundraisers, or other events.
- Please note that cleaning up after your time at the range is an expected activity and does not qualify as volunteer time.
- New member application fee: $64.
- Note: Past members who have let their membership expire are subject to the new member application fee.
- Combination Gate Card/Photo ID fee: $10. Note: The same gate card can be used from year to year.
- Replacement Gate Card/Photo ID (for lost or damaged card): $20.
- Photo ID only (does not open driveway gate): $3.
- All members must obtain either a Combination Gate Card/Photo ID or a Photo ID only card.
Example for new individual member: $64 for the application fee + $64 for the annual membership + $10 gate card fee. Total for the individual new member = $138.00 due with the application. Next year's renewal for this same member (at our current fee structure) would just be $64.
Details of all fees are on the membership application and renewal forms.
Persons desiring membership in the SBRGA may join at any regular monthly meeting. These are held the fourth Tuesday of every month at 7:30 PM in our clubhouse. It is requested that persons wanting to join arrive by 7:00 PM to fill out or turn in a completed application prior to the start of the meeting. During the meeting, your membership will be voted on. We do have a limit on memberships. Once the club limit is reached, no new memberships will be available until the following year. New members are then accepted monthly until the limit is reached again.
New members are required to attend a Range Safety Orientation. If you do not attend the safety orientation, you will not receive your membership card nor will you receive a refund. Orientations take place on the Saturday following the meeting, at 9 AM. It is your responsibility to attend and complete the orientation at this time.
After completion of the safety orientation, new members will receive their membership cards and copies of the club rules. New members will also be issued their Photo ID/Gate card and given the combination to the locks which allow access to the pistol and rifle ranges, and range stapler boxes.
2014 Membership Application Form
RENEWING YOUR SBRGA MEMBERSHIP:
Only valid 2013 members may renew using the 2014 Membership Renewal Form. All others must apply using the Membership Application Form.
| 2014 Membership Renewal Form|
The grace period for renewing 2013 memberships has expired. The range lock code have been reset to the 2014 code. If you have not renewed by now, you need to re-apply for membership and pay a new application fee.
The SBRGA encourages members to maintain an active NRA membership. You can join or renew NRA membership through the club and save $10 on your membership. The club will also earn a commission on all new NRA memberships and renewals through the club recruiters. Please use this opportunity to join or renew your NRA membership by clicking here.