JOINING THE SBRGA:
CLICK HERE TO JUMP TO RENEWALS
Thank you for your interest in South Berwick Rod & Gun Association (SBRGA).
Sorry, membership is full at this time. We expect to have LIMITED memberships available at the February meeting. The 2015 Membership Application form will be posted online approximately one week before the meeting. NO other forms will be accepted. Presentation of the form, in-person, at the monthly meeting will be required as will attendance at the Safety Orientation on the following Saturday. Please do not request an application form before they are posted here.
SBRGA is a private, non-profit organization supported by membership dues and various club fund raisers. All maintenance of the club is by club member volunteers. As a member we expect you to participate and do your fair share to help keep the club in top shape.Annual dues
- $64 per year per person "regular" membership
- $96 per year "family" membership (includes 2 parents/guardians and their children under 18 years old. All persons under 18 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian member of the club.)
- Junior members... Regular members may pay $1 per year as an add-on for each child or grand-child under 18 that they would like to bring to the club. As with family memberships, all persons under 18 must be accompanied and supervised by the adult club member.
Life Membership - When a member attains the age of sixty-five (65) and has paid the annual dues for 5 consecutive years prior to attaining the age of sixty-five (65), he/she becomes eligible for “Life Member Status”. To retain Life Membership status, the member must pay an annual maintenance fee of $1.00 during the renewal period each year. Note: fee is subject to change.
Reducing the annual dues
- Once you are a member, you may volunteer your time to the club which will reduce next year's membership fee. Hours worked up to 15 hours are eligible for a $2 per hour credit. If you put in over 100 hours in a calendar year, you will be offered a free membership renewal for the following year. Volunteering can be at our monthly maintenance work sessions, assisting with one of our fundraisers, or other events.
- Please note that cleaning up after your time at the range is an expected activity and does not qualify as volunteer time.
- New member application fee: $64.
- Note: Past members who have let their membership expire are subject to the new member application fee.
- Combination Gate Card/Photo ID fee: $10. Note: The same gate card can be used from year to year.
- Replacement Gate Card/Photo ID (for lost or damaged card): $20.
- Photo ID only (does not open driveway gate): $3.
- All members must obtain either a Combination Gate Card/Photo ID or a Photo ID only card.
Example for new individual member: $64 for the application fee + $64 for the annual membership + $10 gate card fee. Total for the individual new member = $138.00 due with the application. Next year's renewal for this same member (at our current fee structure) would just be $64.
Details of all fees are on the membership application and renewal forms.
Persons desiring membership in the SBRGA may apply by submitting the membership application form available below. Forms should be presented in person at a monthly meeting. These are held the fourth Tuesday of every month at 7:30 PM in our clubhouse. Applicants should arrive by 7:00 PM to fill out or turn in a completed application on a first come/first served basis.. During the meeting, your membership will be voted on. We have a limited number of memberships become avaiable each year. Once the club limit is reached, no new memberships will be available until the following year. New members are then accepted monthly until the limit is reached again. The number of new members accepted each month will be limited.
New members are required to attend a Range Safety Orientation. If you do not attend the safety orientation, you will not receive your membership card nor will you receive a refund. Orientations take place on the Saturday following the meeting, at 9 AM. It is your responsibility to attend and complete the orientation at this time.
At the safety orientation, new members will receive copies of the club constitution and club bylaws. On completion of the orientation, new members will be issued their Photo ID/Gate card and given the combination to the locks which allow access to the pistol and rifle ranges, and range stapler boxes.
RENEWING YOUR SBRGA MEMBERSHIP:
Only valid 2014 members may renew using the 2015 Membership Renewal Form. All others must apply using the Membership Application Form which will be posted as new memberships are available.
2015 Membership Renewal Form
Renewals are due December 31st of each year with a grace period allowing late renewal up to January 31st.
Please complete this form and either bring it to the monthly meeting or mail it in along with your payment and a self-addressed stamped envelope so that we can send you your 2015 credentials.
The SBRGA encourages members to maintain an active NRA membership. You can join or renew NRA membership through the club and save $10 on your membership. The club will also earn a commission on all new NRA memberships and renewals through the club recruiters. Please use this opportunity to join or renew your NRA membership by clicking here.